Did a small demo on how to use Bitsy for my college's Game Design club - everyone really liked it! Excited to see more!
A downloadable emulator for Windows, macOS, and Linux
~ a bitsy emulator ~
* play .bitsy game files
* keyboard and gamepad controls supported
* windowed and fullscreen modes
* platforms: windows 10, macOS, raspberry pi 4 (raspbian), linux
== note for macOS ==
on newer versions of macOS, the first time you run bitsybox you'll need to give the operating system permission to run the application:
* first, ctrl-click on the app and select "Open"
* you'll see a message warning you about running applications downloaded from the internet - select "Open" again
* from now on you should be able to run bitsybox normally by double-clicking!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- fixed macOS build + experimental linux build17 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Please use stripe or Payoneer since it doesn’t use PayPal’s API. I then can use my credit card/Debit card.
thanks for letting me know! I've set up stripe, so hopefully that works for you :) let me know how it goes
i just love the idea of putting my favorite bitsy games into a little extractable and then passing that around to people like a mixtape
awesome! An Android version would be amazing!
This is wonderful! Gamepad support! However, when I run it on my Mac I just get a blue screen. What am I missing?
oh no! :( this looks like a bug to me -- let me see if I can fix it!
this issue should be fixed now! :) try re-downloading the mac version and let me know if it works for you <3
AAAAAA it's finally here!! :D Awesome!! Playing around with it right now and it works great!! I love the fullscreen mode!!
yay!! awesome! that's great to hear :D
I'm confused. What is this?